Wednesday, 1 April 2020

Quarantined Bois: Learn the other way

Ah .... Here we go again

Hello everyone, Glen is here, and he will tell us a story about his daily life of learning in this crucial times.

Especially his time, since he will be on the other side soon...

First of all, during these boring days, we have to still learn and study, as we are still active students. In this plight, we simply evolved to learning through online means, which is draining our health rather quickly... but well, at least this is a new experience, right?

This time, I will focus on what I've learnt during the quarantine period, especially in Blog Writing.
table
Well, of course I learn through what was shared by our lecturer, about marketing and blogs, advanced blogging if I have to say, like how to monetize your blog for your gain. I find it rather useful, with those knowledge, I can see the importance of what I thought was useless(in another meaning), like RSS feed. 

Then there is about checklist of what should we do to keep the influx of visitor stable. From interacting with your visitors to visiting friendly/rival sites. I just know that softly promoting your blog in someone else's blog is a fair game, I always think that doing so is unethical... At least now I know, right?

Then, by looking at the charts of what's popular in blog is also important, but you also have to maintain your integrity. By looking at the chart, we can see what is the people's interest, and use our blog to cope with the interest, but we have to keep our blog's personality intact. What I mean with personality, is that our blog must have a character, and we have to stick to it, even tho we have to keep up with the market interest. something like that. As sometimes, when we try to follow the market, we transformed into something that is not ourselves, and that is the dangerous thing.

Well, still, the most important part is to keep your blog updated.

I've tried some of the advices I've gained throughout the semester to my other blog, and surprisingly, it worked quite well, but then... my other blog is a translation blog of a web novel... so there is always a visitor, at least one per day... and the feedback is nice, albeit they say, too complicated for a simple web translation... hey, at least I'm trying hahaha~

Well, aside from learning, this self quarantine also makes me contemplating about my own life. At this point, I've basically become a hermit of the village... hahaha...
Well, joke aside, I have been thinking of myself of three weeks now... How I've lived my life until now, how I just standing in the cliff, confused whether to jump or not... basically, I've become stressed with my own life. I know that I could do more... but for what? life is just a fleeting moment, and when you reach the point of basically hating everything... It gets so boring... life is...

hahahaha, did I catch you off-guard? I've also improve my writing skills, something that I've always been bothered with. At least I myself see a big improvement over my past writing, like, last year...
I've now remembered half of English grammatical rules instinctually now! yay!

Well, since this is basically week three of the quarantine... my learning progress is still in this part, so... I bid my farewell now, as this is the end of this post... so, stay healthy, even if you are not! As a healthy mind brings a healthy body...

That's all from me, See you on the other side~


No comments:

Post a Comment